Assistant Professor at Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Poitiers
5, rue Théodore Lefebvre
F – 86073 Poitiers cedex 9
Tél. : 33 (0)5 49 45 46 97
ATCO (Attention and Control)
Visual perception of human movements
Relationship between action observation and action words understanding
Perception-action relationship; perceptual-motor development; action understanding; sex differences, action-semantics relationship
– University of Tokyo (Japan). Collaboration with K. Hiraki (PR).
– Social and Cognitive Development Neuroscience Unit, Medical School of the University of Tübingen (Germany). Collaboration with M. Pavlova (PR).
– Grenoble University Hospital, Neurology Department, Movement Disorders and Neurovascular Diseases Unit, collaboration with P. Pollak (PU-PH).
– Cognitive and Affective Science Laboratory (SCALAB, UMR CNRS 9193), University of Lille 3. Collaboration with Y. Coello (PR).
– Emotional and Social Sensorimotor Development Laboratory, (SMAS), University of Geneva. With E. Gentaz (PR).
– Psychology and Neurocognition Laboratory (CNRS UMR 5105), Pierre Mendes France University. Collaboration with S. Valdois (DR1). – CHArt Laboratory (EA 4004), University of East Paris- Creteil. Collaboration with D. Alamargot (PR).
Supervision activities :
– 2015- …: Sophie-Anne Beauprez. “Role of the sensorimotor system in language processing: the importance of specific features of movement and motor efficiency in children and young adults.” Joint supervisor: Toussaint Lucette (80% CBI, LT 20%).
– Since September 2015: Director of the master’s programme in “Rehabilitation, Disability and Motor Performance Engineering” (Year 1), Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Poitiers.
– Since January 2015: Joint head of communication for the Centre for Research on Cognition and Learning (CeRCA, UMR 7295).
– Since 2013: Manager and coordinator of CeRCA’s “embodied cognition” group.
– Since 2012: Head of “Psychology and Neuroscience” at the Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Poitiers.
– Since 2010: Elected member of the Faculty of Sport Sciences scientific committee, University of Poitiers.
– 2012-2015: Supervisor of Year 2 research dissertations for the master’s programme in “Cognition and Language Disorders”, UFR SHA, University of Poitiers.
– 2011- July 2015: Supervisor of work experience for the master’s programme in “Rehabilitation, Disability and Motor Performance Engineering” (Year 1), Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Poitiers
– Bachelor’s degree (3rd year) in Sport Science: Children’s motor and psychological development.
– Bachelor’s degree (2nd year) in Sports Science: Data analysis.
– Master’s degree in Sport Science (Rehabilitation, Disability and Motor Performance Engineering): Cognitive impairments/ action-perception relationship/ Vocational project.
– Master’s degree in Psychology (Integration of Disadvantaged and Disabled Persons): Children’s motor development and motor pathology.
– Master’s degree in Psychology (Cognition and Language Disorders): Links between perception and action / research method.
Badets, A., Bidet-Ildei, C. & Pesanti, M. (2015). Influence of biological kinematics on abstract concept processing, Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 68(3), 608-618, doi: 10.1080/17470218.2014.964737.
Bidet-Ildei, C. & Toussaint, L. (2015). Are judgments for action verbs and point-light human actions equivalent?, Cognitive Processing,16(1), 57-67, doi: 10.1007/s10339-014-0634-0.
Pavlova, M.A., Sokolov, A.N. & Bidet-Ildei, C. (2015). Sex differences in the neuromagnetic cortical response to biological motion, Cerebral Cortex, 25(10), 3468-3474.
Bidet-Ildei, C., Tamamiya, Y., & Hiraki, K. (2013). Observation and action priming in anticipative tasks implying biological movements. Canadian Journal of Experimental Psychology, 67, 253-259, doi: 10.1037/a0034333
Bidet-Ildei, C., Sparrow, L., & Coello, Y. (2011). Reading action word affects the visual perception of biological motion, Acta Psychologica, 137, 330-334. doi: 10.1016/j.actpsy.2011.04.00